Friday, June 29, 2007

Before



Well, we're going away on vacation to Banff for two weeks. So this is what the garden looks like the day before we leave. I can only imagine what it's going to look like when we come back! It's probably going to be a jungle of weeds. I'll post a comparison.
I'm going to miss having fresh salads right out of the garden each day, but then, I guess I can't complain since I'll be in the mountains. I expect that the lettuce will have gone to seed once we're back. If we're lucky, there will still be some yellow beans. We had the first ones for dinner yesterday, stir-fried with some peas and kale. Perhaps also the cherry tomatoes will be ripening and the cucumbers. I'm also going to miss inspecting the garden each morning and being amazed by how much it has grown in just one day. Seeing it two weeks later will be such a big jump.

No comments: